MOUNT PLEASANT TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM
The Mount Pleasant Central School District provides busing to all of its in-district public school students as well as eligible private and parochial students who complete a request for transportation.
BUS SAFETY AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Always follow the instructions of the driver.
- Remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Wait until the bus has stopped completely before entering or exiting.
- Always keep heads and arms inside the bus.
- Keep voices low and never use foul language.
- Items that are potentially dangerous or distracting to the driver are not allowed on the bus.
- Fighting or rough play are forbidden, as are tobacco, electronic cigarettes, alcohol, drugs and other harmful substances. All school buses are equipped with video cameras which may be used to monitor student safety and behavior.
Parents are responsible for the safety of their children while traveling between the student's home and their assigned bus stop. Parents are also responsible for the safety of children while at the bus stop.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS & FAQs
Important Reminders and Frequently Asked Questions
Your child should always be at his/her bus stop five minutes before the scheduled pick-up. During the first week of school, buses may be late during pick-up and drop-off. Please be patient. Kindergarten students: please fasten your bus tag to your backpack.
Bus drivers and bus monitors (when assigned) have the responsibility and authority to enforce all rules and regulations to insure the safety of all students on the bus. Bus privileges may be suspended by district administration if a student’s behavior interferes with bus safety or violates district rules or regulations.
Click here to get answers to more Frequently Asked Questions.
Parents or guardians requesting transportation to a private or parochial school for their child must submit the Out-of-District Transportation Request on or before April 1 of the calendar year in which the child will begin school. A form must be submitted each year that a child attends an out-of-district school.
Request for Transportation Form 2020-21
Transportation will be furnished for pupils who:
• Reside within the school district boundaries
• Attend a school not more than 15 miles from their home
• Are five years old before December 1 of that school year
• Complete the transportation request form by April 1 of the year in which the child will begin school
There is no bus transportation on days when Mt. Pleasant Schools are not in session. This may include:
- Legal holidays such as Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day
- Recess Periods such as Thanksgiving Recess, Winter Recess, Mid-Winter Recess, Spring Recess
- Superintendent's Conference Days
- Other days as noted on the official district calendar or as subsequently announced by the district.
Delayed start or school closing:
• If the District experiences a delayed opening, buses will run on the MPCSD delayed-opening schedule.
• In the event Mount Pleasant CSD experiences a weather-related closing, there will be NO out-of-district transportation for that day.
For in- and out-of-district transportation:
Director of Business Administration
769-5500 X 5111
For lost items call:
Royal Coach Bus Company, Thornwood Office
Alternate Phone Numbers, Yonkers Office
914-733-7005 or 914-733-7010